Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's A LifeStyle, Not A Diet!

It's A LifeStyle

Too all of you who have been following me I'm sorry there was no post last week. I was not feeling very well.

Ok, I'm a little tired of people asking me how my diet is going. This is not a "diet" people, it's a lifestyle. It's a choice. The truth is I do not diet. I eat what I want when I want and I enjoy it. I do not sit and eat a whole pie or a gallon of ice cream. I eat a piece and a scoop or two. And, yes, I go back for seconds if I like. I do not like depriving myself of anything, thats a diet. I eat a handful of Toffee Nuts, not the whole bag. I, however, am not perfect. When my boyfriend and I seperated I indulged in ALOT of ice cream! It was not pretty. But, I am human. These things happen. I just got right back on track when I was done indulging the hurt and pain of that. Remember this, taking something out of your normal nutritional pattern only makes you want it more. I'd rather eat half a Hershey bar, than devoure the whole thing. . .save some for later.

The other thing is this, I'm tired of people asking me how to get the perfect body. There is NO perfect body! There is the body that is perfect for you! It's what you perceive as the perfect body for yourself. I could just go to maintenance today if I didn't still have this belly that I hate! My perfect image of myself does not include this belly. It needs more work. I have an inferiority complex that involves my arms. I have always hated them. At this point, they look nice. They are nicely cut, not to muscular and for the first time I actually CHOSE to wear a tank top and was happy with the way my arms looked. It's important to remember that no ones body is perfect. You work to make your body perfect for you. It's your image of yourself. When I started Insanity I hated aerobics. . .EWWWWW! But, areobics works for me. It helped me get in shape, it gave me the jumpstart I needed. Now, I can't seem to do without it. Chalene Extreme was too slow for me, still is. But, It has made me tighter and smaller. I needed the heavier weights, but it worked. I am now going into month two and definately need smaller jeans.

You must remember, it's about you. It's about what you see as perfect. I was a size 22. That is not even close to what I consider perfect for myself. I am now a size 10 and will go to size 8 jeans this week. By the end of my journey I will probably be a size 6. This strikes fear into my daughter, she's a size 5 and does not want me in her jeans! It'll never happen, but it's nice to know she thinks about it. If I get where I need to be and stay at a size 8 that will be fine. But, that is what I would consider my perfect size. It was my pre-baby size, my college size and the size I was in my 20s. It was a good size for me and I can safely and nutritionally maintain that weight and size. STOP letting other people decide where you should be sizewise, nutritionally, mentally and lifewise. Do whats right for you. This one thing in life is all about you. . .take control of it.

Remember, you can follow my journey or you can join me, the link is at the top.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment