Sunday, November 10, 2013

Resetting In Progress

This was one tough week! Usually I'm the one everyone can't keep up with. But, this weekend was so different. I was so worn out, it was crazy! So, I decided to reset myself and do a cleanse. The body can get so gunked up with everything in life. We get stressed out and our bodies go into a different mode. We get constipated, headaches, loss of appitite and a whole host of other bad things. A cleanse can help set things right.

I choose a weekend where there is nothing going on. We have a great cleanse called the Ultimate Reset. It's a great way to reset your body. You can liken it to getting your car oil changed. Your Liver is your bodies filter and it needs cleaning just as your car needs a new one. Your bowels take nutrients to the rest of the body, just as your fuel system delivers gas to the engine so you can go. Everything gets gunked up. I add a cleanser to my engine before an oil change. It gets all the old gunk and when they empty the oil out of the car there is all this gunky, oily kind of slimy ball stuff that falls out. It's really nasty. Now, imagine this stuff in your Liver and in your Bowels. . .EEEEEWWW!

I do my cleanse and I drink my reset, water and have fruit, mix my green drinks and have a small amount of food. I'm one of those people that goes straight to bitch if I don't eat! So, I adjust my cleanse to nourish my body. There is no system out there that can be followed exactly. You will find that when you do a cleanse your body will tell you what it needs. You should respond appropriately. NEVER starve yourself for the sake of cleansing. You can always extend your cleanse. You should always be safe. . .no matter what.

There are many different cleanses out there. The Ultimate Cleanse may not be for you. You are free to choose the best one for you. Just make sure you get all the information on any cleanse you do. You may even choose to try a couple of different ones before you choose a favorite. I do suggest you check with your doctor before doing a cleanse. They probably have some good tips for you and may even be able to suggest one for you. Please, REMEMBER, if you are on any medications you should never forego taking your medicine to cleanse. Your doctor may be able to help you pick a cleanse that will not interfer with your medications. Yes, there are some out there that may have contraindications for your medications. The cleanse may have something that will not react well with your medications. You can also request that your doctor set you up with a nutritionist who can help you pick a cleanse.

As usual, I have a nice receipe for you. It's one of my favorites and it's easy to make. Check below.

SALMON PATTIES
Either fresh salmon (my favorite) or canned salmon (you'll have to shred it and watch out for bones in the canned salmon)
1 celery stalk
1 onion
1-2 eggs
flour
salt & pepper

Place the salmon in a mixing bowl, watching out for bones while shredding it. Put the celery (to taste) and a piece of the onion (to taste) in a food chopper and pulse the "grind" button until you have small to tiney pieces. Add to the salmon in the mixing bowl. Add flour and an egg (this is for binding). Mix all together.
Add the salt and the pepper, to taste, but not much. When it's all mixed properly make little patties and put them in the pan and cook them.
I add bread that I warmed and toasted in the oven and a vegetable. We like Spinach!

As usual, you can follow my journey or you can join me! Reset Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment