Thursday, November 14, 2013

Make Yourself Accountable

Time To Get Real

How do you make yourself accountable for the things you do for YOURSELF? Most of us go around doing what needs to be done for everyone else, children, husband, co-workers, boss, etc. But, we don't do for ourselves. I make myself accountable for me by doing my workout everyday. When I skip a day I do a double workout, I love those workouts. When we make ourselves accountable to ourselves we tend to make time for ourselves. We, as the caregivers, need to take good care of ourselves. My family knows that when I am working out that my time. Leave me alone. I'm not asking for much maybe an hour, hour and a half. If I don't get that workout I don't feel as good about indulging in my favorite vice. . .ICE CREAM! It's sweet, it's decadent and it will put the pounds on you if you let it. But, since I hold myself accountable for my personal well being and I do that workout I totally enjoy my ice cream.

You nutrition is important too. Do you hold yourself accountable for the amount of, for lack of a better word, junk? How many days a week are you eating out? How many times a week did you have a McDonalds lunch because you were in a hurry and didn't have time for something better? It's important that we eat what gives our bodies the ultimate in nutrition. I take my lunch everynight and I eat at the same time everynight, give or take a half hour. If I don't eat my body starts to tell me about it. It literally feels like my stomach is imploding on itself. I try to eat something every two hours. Now, that dosen't mean I'm having a meal. I'm eating a meal ans the ntwo hours later I'm having a snack. Everything is packed in my lunch box. Not, only am I being accountable to myself for myself, but I'm giving my body something to do. I'm keeping my metabolism moving so their is no storing of anything. Nutrition is a great thing especially when it's one regularly and accountably. If you are accountable for yourself then your family gets all the benefits. When you go to the store to shop and your being accountable for what going through your mouth and into your body your you are also bringing better nutrition to your family. Lets face it, they eat what they see us eating. We develop their nutritional accountability. As they get older they will always do what their moms do. My daughter is a prime example. she eats whats in the house. But, when she goes out with her friends she makes better choices. Not to say  that she dosen't eat pizza, but she also likes Curry and Thai food and makes those suggestions to her friends. It's all about whats in your kitchen, what you bring into your home. It's all about accountability. Lets face it it starts with us. Be accountable for yourself first. Take the time you need.

Heres a little something for you to look into. The Play Store for your android has some great apps. Heres one I found, it was recommended, it looked like the best of the bunch. It's called My Fitness App. Check it out and see if it is something that can help you. You can also download a food calorie counter. The ones at the bookstore are also downloadable to your phone so you can check the calories on that fast food.

Remember, you can follow my journey or you can join me   NUTRITION

No comments:

Post a Comment