Saturday, November 30, 2013

Don't Trust The Numbers

Be Your Own Inspiration

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday. If you fell off the wagon, so to speak, you can get back on. No harm, no foul. We all did! Yes, I love my Pumpkin pie and I made at least three Pineapple Upside Down Cakes! Yes, I was spreading the weight gain train! Here was my experience this weekend with my own body and my own body image.

Do you follow the numbers on your scale? I hate scales and never use one. This is the reason why. This weekend was the busiest shopping weekend in the nation, right? So, I decided that I should stop looking like some shlump and get some clothes that actually fit my body. I was a size 22 and I still see myself in that body. But, I finally had to see myself as I NOW am. Everything was so big on me! My legs are so toned and they were swimming in these oversized jeans. I had all these xtra large shirts and I just looked really sloppy, like I didn't care about myself.
I went out to the outlets here in california and my favorite jeans store, Levis, was having an awsome sale. I haven't worn Levis since I was a size 8 in my 20s'. I went in and the sales lady actually had to explain the different types of jeans to me, curvy, straight curvy, slight curve, etc. It was almost embarrasing. I explained to her that I had lost 130 pounds and was not sure what size I was now wearing. She helped me find my size and I went from a size 22 to a size. . .ready. . .drum roll. . .10! This is why I don't trust my scale and why I don't own one. I trust my body.
Trust your body, trust your clothes, trust what you see in the mirror!

Sorry for the small print. I copied and pasted a post I made on my BeachBody site.

Remember, as always, you can follow my journey or you can join me!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment