Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Are You in Hybernation Mode?

A Way Out Of Hibernation!

Hibernation, the reason we don't see bears and other animals all winter. We also experience a hibernation. As winter goes on and it gets cold and rainy we tend to stay inside more. We eat a heavier diet to satisfy ourselves and we sit in front of the t.v. or the fireplace. We stop moving! We are content to stay in our nice warm cocoons. This is great. . .if your a bear. A bear sleeps all winter. He eats what he needs to survive the long cold days and nights. If we did this we would gain more weight than we want. And, in fact, a lot of us do! So, what to do?

Do not hibernate! Use the time indoors to get your workout done, even an extra workout. your body still has the same need to move. Eat foods that are filling, but don't make you want to eat more than your used to. For instance, I make home-made chicken noodle soup. It's completely awesome! But, I don't need to eat more than a cup and I have these great soup mugs, so I can easily see how much I'm eating. I also do my regular workout and I'll do a shorter work out in the evening just so my body can move. Not to say that I don't watch t.v, but I try to keep moving.

I also start thinking about summer! I actually love the winter and all the winter sports I partake in. But, summer will be here sooner than we think! And, with summer comes summer clothes! Bathing suits, shorts, tank tops. . .and I'm not willing to let my muscles get soft over the winter. I do not want to start from square one to get into summer shape again. Your summer shape starts in the winter. . .December or January.

Some people start to saying it's too cold, I just don't feel like it, I don't want to change into workout clothes. sound familiar. Here's a little number for you 1.73%. If you work out just an hour a day it's only 1.73% of your day. Anyone has that much time. Here's another excuse for you. I don't have the time. Well, most of you know I'm a BeachBody Coach. There are plenty of BeachBody workouts that take only 30 minutes of your time. T25 is only a 25 minute workout! The new P90X3 is only 30 minutes. . .30 minutes people! Hip Hop Abs has some great workouts and they take from 45 to 20 minutes. OK, now whats your excuse? Wouldn't it be great to start the Spring with a new toned body. While all your friends are saying "I have to loose this 20 pounds I gained over the winter", you'll be showing off a nice toned, trim, in shape body that's almost beach ready!

I'm on my last month of Chalene Extreme, a weighted workout. I can't wait to be finished. I've already gone from a size 22 to a 10. I will be beach ready! I will not hibernate! Will you be ready?

You can follow my journey or you can join me. Click the link at the top of the page.

Keep Pushing Play!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment