Sunday, October 20, 2013

100 Doctors & Nutrition

100 Doctors!
I'm always talking about my journey through the world of fitness. But, along with the fitness goes nutrition. I know it's hard to eat well all  the time. Lets face it we all love those McDonald's fries. One of my favorite treats is the number 1 at McDonald's. . .Big Mac meal. Yeah, I know. but, it's a reward, not a way of life. I also enjoy Cheetos Puffs and a good old fashioned Hershey Bar. . .with nuts! I'm about eating what I want in moderation.
With the holidays coming it's important to start practicing eating in moderation. Since I work out 6 days a week when I overeat my stomach hurts so bad it's incredible. I didn't know I could be so VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! When I started on my road to nutritional health I cut out ALL soda. Did you know that if you cut out one Diet Coke a day you could potentially lose 1 pound a month! That's significant. You could replace that soda, all soda with an Izzy. I love those, especially the Blackberry and the Grapefruit. I drink juice in moderation, water, iced tea (sweet tea is usually to sweet) and a number of organic juices. This is a good place to start. Water is so essential for our bodies. I like to call it the "nectar of the gods". It is totally refreshing, feeds and helps to cleanse the body and is great for the skin keeping it hydrated.
I know it's hard. It was hard for me. Work, kids, extracurricular activity and just life in general. My secret was my Crock Pot! I L-O-V-E my Crock Pot! I put it on before I go to work and when I get home I have a hot meal for my family. All I have to do is steam some veggies (5 minutes) and make a salad (5 minutes). It's just so easy and the amount of items you can make in it are un-numerable. chicken is the best and the easiest.
The link at the top this week is for a meal replacement. It's a good place to start if your a busy mom, dad, student or just a busy person. check it out. And, as usual, here is a recipe for your health an nutrition.

Here's a recipe for a better nights sleep:
1 banana
1 medjool date
1 fig
12 cashews
add almond milk and blend

Remember you can follow my journey or you can join me! Follow My Progress

Susa

No comments:

Post a Comment