Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nutrition is Key

Before I started my road down BeachBody and the Insanity workout I lost 133 pounds. . .on my own! Yup, I said one hundred and thirty three pounds! I don't believe that anyone out there needs to have their stomach closed off, stapled, restricted or banded. What we eat is a choice. Do I eat at McDonalds, you betcha! #1, large fries and a plain iced tea, please. The Sweet tea is WAAY to sweet. But, do I eat like that everyday? Nope! I love my crockpot and buying a chicken at the grocery store is much less expensive than Pollo Loco or KFC any day. AND, I know whats in my food because I put it there. I love my local farmers market. They have great fruits and vegetables at good prices. They also have a geltleman who makes bread with NO preservatives and no artificial anything. It's cheaper than the stuff you buy at the grocery store. I buy all my vegetables for a two week period. I buy my fruit to last a week. The point being that the decision about what you put in your mouth is yours. I lost 133 pounds for two reasons, #1 diabetes is a staple in my family and #2 I didn't want my daughter to say "the fat one, thats my mother". When I hit a size 22 that was my turning point. I have been able to keep the weight off for more than three years. Here are some statistics for you: *Heart Disease kills 7.1 MILLION people worldwide every year *in 2009 , 7.9 MILLION deaths were due to CANCER. . .by 2030 CANCER will kill 11 MILLION people per year *in 2030 336 MILLION people worldwide will be diagnosed with DIABETES *2/3 of AMERICANS over the age of 20 are OBESE This is STAGGERING! People are told every day "you are what you eat". If you eat things that are processed all the time then the body slows down, gets clogged and grows. . .in bad ways. Do I think Gastric Bypass is a good thing? Well, honestly, no. The body was meant to move. If you move it things happen. Digestion gets better. Food gets processed better. Nutrients have a chance to get where they are supposed to go in a better way. but, what if you are already blocked and the body needs help? How about a detox and cleaning the colon? Eating better helps the colon work better. That means the nutrients in your food are getting through to your body more sufficently. Detoxing the liver and colon help the body to work better. The Liver is a filter. When a filter clogs nothing gets through, same with the liver. If it can't filter out the bad stuff then the bad stuff gets into the system clogging it up. Lets clean the system. I love making my own smoothies to detox my body. It gives me more energy, I sleep better and all the bad stuff comes out smoothly and timely. Here is one of my favorite detox smoothies; LIVER and COLON TONIC *1-2 handfuls of cleaned collard greens *1 banana *1 cup of pineapple *1 cup of red grapes *1/4 cup of hemp seeds This tastes great and it does the job. It's a good start. I could keep going on nutrition, but this is getting a little long. If you would like more information on nutrition or the BeachBody workouts to help you get started on your way to a new, great you, full of energy just email me or go to my web site at WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/DOIN50RIGHT You get one life people. . .make it count! COMMIT, DECIDE, SUCCEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment