Sunday, September 22, 2013

50 Is Not The End!

50. The number incites riots inside of a persons brain. Suddenly, life is over. No more fun, special diets, time for rocking chairs, warm water bottles and GasX. Yeah, RIGHT! Not for this chick. I am excited about turning 50. I am embracing it, lovin' it. I have special plans for my 50th and they do not include sitting around reminiscing about my twenties, getting drunk with a bottle of wine and friends! I hate wines. I had wonderful twenties. I loved my twenties. But, life goes on and every era has had there ups and downs, highlights and disappointments. In my twenties I was a size 8. I was cute had a little ass and plenty of boyfriends to keep me busy for days, drove my father crazy! I swam three times a week and had a regular tennis partner. Then came marraige (why?), my beautiful daughter, divorce and there went my confidence out the door, along with my body, self-worth and basic health. I rebounded, got my health together (turns out I had a long running thyroid prblem) and went into a profession that would support myself and my daughter no questions asked. Flash forward to my forties. My brother turns up diabetic, but we had diabeties running through our dads side of the family. Then my mother turns up with it, HUGH shock! Then at 45, here it came. I lost 133 pounds! On my own, by myself, no help. My AH HA moment was when I was trying on clothes and I was trying on a size 22. I was looking at myself and my brain kicked in "What the fuck am I doing in a size 22? How did this happen. What the fuck. I was cute, I was active. What the hell happened"? That was my turning point. I've been able to keep the weight off. I changed my eating habits, went organic on all the things we really eat, cut out soda, added water and started to keep a food diary to see where I was going wrong. . .and right. I dropped the weight and I am now a size 10/12 and I wear large, not x-large or xx-large shirts. Funny point, I didnt know that when you loose weight you also loose it in your feet! My shoes suddenly got loose and I had to buy new shoes. I've donated most of my large size clothes and shoes. I will be 50 in August. I plan on being at least two sizes smaller, I said at least. I plan on going to Las Vegas to visit friends and watching their jaws hit the floor. I want to hear my sister say "what the FUCK have you been doing? Are you sick"? I'm going to Catalina on my birthday and I'm ziplining and I'm going to drive Formula One Race Cars at the California Racing Track. In vegas I plan on shopping for clothes. . . in a new size, skydiving and I'm getting my first tatoo! I've always wanted one and now is the time. So, thats it in a nutshell. There's more, but why bore you with my personal inner searches. I'm feeling good and I am excited about the best part of my life being upon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment