Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Change It Up!

Push Play!

Hello fabulous people! I hope everyone is doing well and pushing play.

I have had several people ask me about doing something other than a Beach Body workout. And, the answer is, of course you can! I love my Beach Body workouts, but I also have a gym membership! Something you didn't know. I go to the UFC Gym and I love the place. I am there everyday. Beach Body got me moving, active. But, I wanted something else. I wanted more. When you start to do some of the extreme exercises like the P90 series and Shaun T's series, you want more of that kind of exercise, it's addicting. And, you generally want to see more people who are doing that type of exercise or you want to be with people who are doing that type of exercise. In my case, I wanted to be with other people.

I wanted to try Kickboxing, TRX, Boxing, Ropes, Pound and so on. Beach Body does not have these types of exercises or the equipment to facilitate this type of exercising. I also wanted to be around people who were as dedicated as I am about working out. I wanted to be around other people who were getting there and people who were there and working to stay there. It's very motivating! I have found classes that I like and do them on a weekly schedule. Of course, I also press play. The point being that it's good to get out and try other things. It keeps you from being board. Instead of doing another round of Insanity why not try boxing? You could try Kickboxing, it was not my thing, but, I had wanted to try it and now I know. However, I love TRX! I have a Pound class on my schedule to try this week, as well as, a Yoga class.

Working with a trainer once in a while is a good thing. We sat down and talked about what I had done, what I wanted to do, where I was going and my nutrition. I tweaked my nutrition after talking to him. And, after my first workout with him I was so sore the next day I wanted to kill him! He worked other muscle groups that did not get worked in the home DVDs. But, I went back. I had to. The best way to fix soreness is to workout again. . .just not so hard the next day. The UFC gym has a hugh selection of weights! And, there's enough sets that I don't have to wait for my weight size.

So, please do try other things. It will keep you from getting board. You will meet new people, make new friends and get more motivation. I tell ya' I'm lovin' my arms and abs! It is simply a continuation of what I was doing at home. It's a beautiful thing to be around people who have the same goal as you, to be able to talk to them and give each other motivation. We had a new guy in the TRX class and I just looked over at him, he was trying so hard and he was completely out of shape. But, just my saying "you can do it, keep trying" was enough to help him not quit and keep pushing. Having the guys in my boxing class say "your doing fine, just keep trying, you'll get it" is awesome! Motivation. Someone else giving you the courage to keep going is powerful and we all need it at some point. Keep pushing play, but find other ways to keep growing. It's healthy.

You can follow my journey or you can join me. Choose to join me!

We all need a little treat every now and then. Here's a great Pineapple Mock tale for you!
Paradise in Pineapple

Put into a blender:
1 1/2 C diced fresh pineapple
1/2 C sliced banana
1/2 C of ice
3/4 C each of pear juice and pineapple juice
puree it  for 30 seconds or until smooth.

I like mine a little chunky, so I puree for less time. I also have a frozen cup that I pour it into so it stays nice and cold. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment