Sunday, December 15, 2013

Muscle and Nutrition

Nutrition
Hello to you all today. Sorry, I've had some internet issues, but I'm back and here we go!

I have two issues to address today. The first is regarding building muscle. Muscle burns fat. This is a fact. If you work out with weights you are getting slimmer because your getting tighter. your muscles are getting tight. If your lifting weights then you need to eat. The recommendation is that you eat every two to three hours. I can't do it. I can eat when I'm hungry or I can have a snack, but a meal, even a small one, I cannot do. As a Beach Body coach we recommend Shakeology. It is one of the best meal replacements out there. It has the backing of doctors. I do not use it. Not because it's not a good product, but because it is processed on equipment that also produces shellfish products. I am allergic to shellfish. I decided to not take the chance that the machinery is not well cleaned one day. There is also a Vegan version of Shakeology. But, since I cannot seem to get an answer as to how it's processed I do not use it. I have had people email me and ask what to use instead of Shakeology that is not so expensive but still has good qualities as a meal replacement. So, what do I use instead of Shakeology? Well, GNC has a great tasty shake called Lean 25. I was using this. It's an awesome replacement, tastes good and there are no allergy issues with the mix. Unfortuneately, they discontinued the individual packets. I like these because I can take them with me. They taste wonderful. I really like the idea of using something organic (yes, organic girl here). I have found Garden of Life.

Garden of Life is a great product. It comes in a natural flavor so I can mix it in with my fruit smoothies and not have it overpower the drink. You actually don't taste it. They also have a vanilla and a chocolate that tastes really good. It's affordable about $20 for the small canister and it lasts. I use it everyday. Here's one of the great things about it. On the label it says "Raw, vegan, certified organic, dairy free, lactose free, soy free, no fillers, no synthetic nutrients, no artificial flavors or sweetners, no preservatives, no pea protein". This stuff is the real deal. Oh, and if you need fiber this stuff is wonderful. I can't even tell you how well it works to help empty the bowel system.

If you are working out regularly then you need nutrition, even if your not working with weights. It gives your body something to do. It keeps you full and your metabolism moving. If you add a weight workout to your weekly routine you will notice your muscles responding quickly. They are waiting for attention. It dosen't matter what workout your doing, add in some weights. For those of you who are hitting my age, 50, remember this, this is when we start to notice loss of muscle tone. Are your arms still waving goodbye after you stop waving? The only way to keep your muscle is to build it and feed it. It keeps you in shape, helps to stave off weight gain and keeps you looking great in your jeans!

Remember you can follow my journey or you can join me!  Check Me Out!

Just Press Play!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment